By Chef Al Levinsohn
- 4 Ea. (7 Oz) Halibut Filet
- 4 T Ginger Pepper Mixture (EQUAL Parts Grated Ginger And Cracked Black Pepper)
- Kosher Salt And White Pepper To Taste
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 6 Oz Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 Cup Steamed White Rice (WARM, Ready For Service)
- 1 Cup Julienne Mixed Vegetables
- 12 Ea. Won Ton Skins (THIN Sliced And Fried Crisp)
- 1 Ea. Scallion Sliced Thin
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Chili Oil
- Cilantro Sprigs
For Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 T Fresh Ginger Minced
- 2 T Shallots Chopped
- 2 T Rice Vinegar
- 1 T Lime Juice
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- 1/2 C Cilantro Rough Chopped
- 1 T Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except oils, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- With blender running, slowly drizzle in oils to emulsify.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside for service.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Rub each halibut filet with equal amounts of ginger pepper mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear halibut filets skin side up until a nice crust forms, turn filets and repeat process.
- Cook over medium heat until just cooked through; do not overcook.
- Remove fish from pan and reserve on a warm platter.
- Sauté vegetable until heated through and still crisp.
- Spoon rice in center of plate, top with a small amount of vegetable mixture, halibut filet and more fresh vegetables.
- Drizzle entire dish with vinaigrette, garnish with fried wontons, scallions black sesame seeds, chili oil and cilantro.